Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Annoyed

I'm am very easily annoyed by people who are not good communicators, especially at work. This is not a difficult task or something that is hard to understand. Should you need something from me that you need me to get for you discreetly, gather all of your thoughts and tell me everything at once. Don't ask me to get something for you, I then deliver and then you want me to go after more information. News flash...that is not being discreet. I work with two brokers (one is the building owner) on the property I manage. They are both heavily involved in our new deals, but they do not communicate well with one another. They often have me do the dirty work for them, which I'm used to and on most days I do not mind. What I do mind is when they do not communicate well with one another and have me running around in circles for them to get the answer to their need at no benefit to me. I am more than willing to help, but let's stop wasting so much time. There is a lot of wasted time in real estate; a lot of it is a BIG game. I don't like to wait or dilly dally, let's just get down to business. I am also annoyed by people who call me just to point out that I have an alternative schedule that they do not. I don't have time for your attempted guilt trip or pity party. I work 7:30 am - 4:00 pm and seldom take a lunch. It is not my fault that people choose to wait until the very last 15 minutes of my day to call me for things they need. It is not my fault that people don't start working until 9 or 10 in the morning and therefore have to work into the early evening to get their work done. If it has to wait, it has to wait. I have other priorities and responsibilities as a Mother and Wife that I have to attend to when I leave work. I've been working this schedule for a year, if you are not used to it by now that is your inefficiency as a time manager, not mine. I get my work done on my schedule unless it is an emergency. If you need me to do something for you, I would be happy to do so, between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, advance notice appreciated. Venting Session Over....have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments: