Friday, September 25, 2009
After a near emotional breakdown by a very pregnant woman this morning, I have taken in some much needed sunshine at lunch and am spending the rest of today and this weekend sending only positive energy to my friend at the seller's bank. I'm thinking he may find this energy helpful as he seems to be so overloaded with work that he can't address our file. Maybe this extra push will get us to the closing table next week. To further explain the reason for my emotional breakdown this morning, let me begin by discussing the emails we have received since yesterday's post. The listing agent emailed our agent to let her know that she had left yet another message for the negotiator at the bank (I think this at least 10 messages by now and who knows how many emails). Our agent did not accept this response and without totally falling on her knees begging asked the L/A what further we can do. You cannot tell us that this guy can go over a week without returning any phone calls or emails and still keep his job right? In addition, per the L/A, there is no one else she can call or talk to, so she is again complacent with waiting on the bank to get back to her. This will not work for us, not anymore. We have been patient long enough. Her response to our agent's pleading email to HELP us is that this is just the way banks work, there is nothing further that can be done. In her exact words, "be patient....it will be ok." We just have to wait to hear from them. I DON'T THINK SO! Our agent called her first thing this morning, as she received an email late last night indicating something about the "issue that still has to be dealt with." Ummmm....what issue? News to us that there is now a cloud on the title that the seller's title company has to get removed before we can close. She didn't know this yesterday? In addition, the L/A told us she is not "worried about the letter." Not worried? Really? Good for you lady! (Is it bad that I looked up her profile today so I could see what she looked like and then emailed it to my husband and asked him if we could blow it up and turn it into a dart board?) She also told our agent to let us know that it will be most unlikely that we will be able to close by Tuesday, instead probably Friday. The L/A some how is unable to give us a firm answer about anything. We really want to close by the end of the month to save on the interest we will owe if we close at the beginning of the month. Well this is unacceptable to us, so our agent is doing the best she can to get this L/A to get her sh** together. I've truly determined that the word helpless is the worst one in the dictionary. It has to be one of the worst human emotions! Latest update (before lunch)...seems as though the title company can clear the cloud by Tuesday and maybe we'll still close then. Only missing one minor detail, the approval letter from the bank. Still no idea on the status of this, so we shall just wait and see. Stay tuned...this is exciting! NOT! But this blog sure is great therapy for me and I'm writing again, something I have not done in a VERY long time! Not to toot my own horn here, but I think I deserve the pregnant woman of the year award. This is too much for anyone to have to go through. In the end, we will be stronger people and ready to take on any future obstacles we may encounter. I have the best husband ever! We'll make it through anything if we've made it through this. I love you bebe - you are my rock!!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
OK...seriously...will this ever end? Here we sit two and a half days from when we are scheduled to close on the new house (yes, finally), but we have again hit the brakes. The listing agent has now been unsuccessful in contacting the negotiator at the seller's bank for over a week. They gave us final verbal approval last Tuesday, but we are waiting on the official approval letter from them. We don't know if the letter has been drafted or mailed and in addition have no idea if the bank knows of our closing date because he WON'T CALL HER BACK!!! All we know is that the contract is approved. I just can't handle it much longer. I'm not very good with situations that are out of my control and specifically those that have been out of my control for an excess of five months. Hopefully the house gods will grant us our wish and several prayers and this will somehow turnaround in the next few days and we really will close on the house. I'm just not feeling good about it. To add to the pressure, the baby is due five weeks from Saturday. Hang on there little girl! Mommy and Daddy are working really hard to get you a house before you arrive.