Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a New Day!

I wanted to take some time to talk about the inspiration that has transformed in my life since our new President has officially taken the oath to lead our country. I have NEVER been as overwhelmed with emotion in any other election I have experienced. Mr. Obama's patient and calming presence makes me feel safe. The past several months have been overwhelming to so many. As we see layoffs and retirement savings go through the roof, I am just thankful that I am not a retired person or have a job that has me worried about whether I will leave work employed or not. I am thankful. I have been a fan of Barack Obama from the very beginning. I think even more of how lucky I am to be in the situation that I am. I cannot even fathom how much this affected those that were a part of the Civil Rights Movement, as they watch our new President take on the tasks and challenges of this county. Who would ever think that a black man would run this country? I, at only 30 years old, cannot comprehend the racism and overwhelming fears that were present during that time, but I've seen enough and learned enough to know that what was present in our world only 50 so years is completely unacceptable. Could you ever imagine not being able to board a bus, use a restroom or use a drinking fountain without thinking twice about your safety. Whether you are white, black, orange, yellow or green, you should be thankful that the man that has taken the oath to lead this country has promised a better future for all us, now and in the future. As a woman who is thinking of starting her next chapter and having a family, this is all I can pray for. Unity and safety, as a country it is what we need to move forward!! God bless everyone! I only hope that 2009 can be a prosperous year for all!

No comments: