Monday, January 5, 2009

Why a Blog?

I have ALWAYS wanted to start a blog. As a former English teacher (I used to read a lot of books too), I have always loved to write. It's much easier for me to put my feelings down on computer (I also type much faster than I speak or write). Thanks to our cousin, Lori, I've found a great site and officially started...only 5 days into the New Year. Not too bad for one resolution of 2009.
I wanted a place where I could express my thoughts mostly for myself, but also to share with family and friends. I've created many chapters over the past several years and I am finally starting to feel settled with the exception of one small (rather large, depending on how you think about it) thing. I've moved to a new city after living in the STL all my life and back to St. Louis, changed careers (from teaching to real estate), met my hubby, got married and turned the big 30!!!
This should be a big year for us as well. Mark and I having decided we are ready to expand our family (you will hear a lot about this over the next few months). We've also officially decided to sell our house and move up. It's a sad feeling because this is Mark's first house (bachelor pad) and our first house together, but exciting as it is another chapter in our book.

1 comment:

Mather said...

Good for you, writing a blog, Melissa. I'm inspired!

-Mather