Friday, June 10, 2011

Announcement

Ummmmm....just a quick announcement.  I wish I could add the red exclamation point and High Priority like an email with this one.

Mia crawled out of her crib this morning.  I repeat, my daughter who is only 19 months old and the size of a 2 year old got out of her crib ON HER OWN this morning.

No comprende!  Actually I do comprende, but that doesn't mean I have to like it and I'm brushing up on my Espanol for vacay, not that you need it in American Mexico Cancun. Que?

Please Lord let this be a fluke.  I do understand that I am taking full advantage of the fluke ideal as this is now the second time already.  Let's ignore the fact that I also found out that she got out of her crib at her cousins after nap this past Monday (second time).  I'm not ready to be done with a crib.  She's still a baby.  I will need therapy if I have to put her in a big girl bed.  Please send help.

Amen.

My apologies for the two post day today, but this was very important information that I had to share.

4 comments:

A Mommy in the City said...

Have you tried getting a crib tent? I wouldn't put her in a big girl bed just yet, try the crib tent first!

Lindsey said...

I remember baby-sitting for twins. I can't remember if it was Michael or Kelly that learned first but one would climb out of the crib and onto the changing table between the two cribs and climb down. I would hear a big THUD followed by another and then see them peeking through the railing on the steps. I was wondering at what age this may happen. To be honest? Connor is a climber. I wouldn't put it past him to do this in a few months. Another reason to grab another cold one :)

Kelli said...

Tia was the same way. She was in a big girl bed before 2 because she refused to stay in her crib. I never tried a crib tent, but I would echo that that's probably a good thing to try. Otherwise...well, start looking for a toddler bed stat!

I don't know how to say that in Spanish.

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Kelli, so glad to hear you had this with Tia. Makes me feel a little bit better. She was out again this morning, just hangin' in her room playing with her barrettes :)