Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Monday and I Have a Few Random Questions

First of all, good morning, Happy Monday!

My hubby is somewhat notorious for picking on me, in jest of course.  Mostly due to our 7 year age difference, however, mostly involving food.  I'm picky.  Very, very picky.  I'm getting better for the mere fact that I do not want our daughter to be the same way, but I clearly have some quirks about some of my eating "styles."  This leads me to my two questions:

1. Do you cut up your food as you eat or do you cut it all up before you start eating?
I cut up all my food before I start eating.  Hubby picks fun at me about this all the time.  I never realized I actually did this until a few years ago when he made comment of it.

2. When eating spaghetti, do you cut it up and eat it or do you twirl it?
I cut it and then eat it, but supposedly that is so not ok and in reference to a comment on Modern Family last night this even further emphasized hubby's point.

That's all for today!  Curious to see the feedback on this.

Have a great week!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I don't cut up my spaghetti, but my husband does. I cut my meat as I go :)

Lindsey said...

I actually combine the two. I will cut half a steak before eating pieces. I also, depending on the mood, will cut m spaghetti. Depends on how much sauce came with it. Too saucy means too mess and thus I cut it.

Alicia said...

I cut my spaghetti before I eat it too!!! It's just easier that way. LOL.

bananas. said...

gosh i never really examined my eating style. i guess i cut as i eat...sometimes i cut before...depends on how hungry i am. and with spaghetti i twirl and bite. if i don't bite i look like a goon who can't eat pasta.

d.a.r. said...

I am a twirler, not a cutter with spaghetti!!

the workaholic momma said...

HA!! What a fun post - I cut my meat and spaghetti as I go...man, this is making me hungry!

Katy said...

I cut as I go and twirl spaghetti. This is interesting because last night my family had a deep discussion about mixing foods and in what order you eat them. I always save the best bite for last. You?

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

I try to save the best for last, but sometimes it's tough because I know it will be so good. Too funny :)

Singer Fam said...

At home I cut up 3-4 bites of meat at a time, but at business dinners I do the one bite at a time so I can look refined like everyone else. :)

At home I also just cut with my left hand, but at dinners I put the knife in my right, as is "proper."

Spaghetti must be twirled! And the italian way-- with a large spoon against your fork.

Kristen said...

your blog is so stinkin' cute! love it! glad to have found you :)
kristen
http://threeinthenest.blogspot.com