Friday, November 18, 2011

Bad Mom/Wife Story #81

I kind of feel like I suck today.  Why, should you ask?  Well, after my promotion and the giddy excited self that I was all of yesterday afternoon, I was hoping to come home to flowers, chocolate or maybe an invite out to dinner.

What I got was..."wanna just have leftovers for dinner."

I was mad.  Pissed really.  Pouted most of the night (and I wonder where my kid gets it).  Fed my child and made my own dinner, drank two glasses of wine and went to bed early.  Left all the parenting, with the exception of dinner and bed time, up to the Hubs for the night.  I needed a time out from mother and wife duties.  I was officially checking out.

I feel like a shit today because of it.

My Hubs is not the romantic type, he does not go out of his way to do anything special and I know that, but sometimes I just hope for the wooing.  Like come home one day to the news that we are going on a date and a sitter has been arranged or come home on a Friday to an awesome family fun day planned for Saturday.  Nope.  Not gonna happen.

I don't want to have to be the one to bring it up...dinner out, date nights, trip to the zoo, etc.  Sometimes I just want him to suggest it.  It's not that I don't think he wants to do it.  He just doesn't want to put forth the effort.  He's a "on the whime" type of planner when it comes to our social calendar.  And some days it drives me bananas.

HOWEVER, at the end of the day I know what I signed up for and I love him for who he is.  But I'm human and a woman (with hormones) and sometimes I just want to feel a little special.

Is that wrong?

Have a lovely weekend lovelies and I'll see you next week!

2 comments:

April Westerhold said...

Nope, not wrong. Have you ever, in a moment when you aren't mad about it, said that it would make you really happy if he did all of those things some time? Who knows, it may work?

Amanda T said...

Nope, I feel the same way sometimes. My husband is amazing, but I really wish he would suggest things too. Its always me.