Thursday, November 17, 2011

Butterflies

So got a call yesterday that my bosses wanted to take me to lunch today.  Well the lunch can't happen because I have a conflict, however I have a meeting with them today at 1:30.

I get along with them well and we are in the beginning stages of a merger and large transition. I'm optimistic it's a good thing, but I'm just curious what.

I've been waiting a long time for a promotion, so maybe that's it or maybe it's not.  Trying not to get too excited, but I'm going off the good feeling I've had since I got the phone call yesterday.  This morning. Butterflies in my tummy. Kind of nervous, a bit anxious and a tad excited.  I should be more "expect the unexpected" because then it won't be such a let down if its not what I'm thinking it is.  You just never know.

I work my butt off and I think I'm pretty good at what I do, so hopefully the hard work will finally pay off and I will be getting the promotion I've been waiting for.  And if not, well...we shall see what happens.

Until then...and on a totally different and lighter note...

Here are a few more of my favorites as of late:












Have a wonderful day!

UPDATE:  I did get a promotion today!  So excited!  Feels good to get rewarded for your hard work every once and a while!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm crossing my fingers!

the workaholic momma said...

AAHHH....how exciting!!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and my fingers crossed...I hope all of your hard work gets rewarded today:)

Amanda T said...

Congrats on the promotion!! :)

Shannon said...

Yahooo!!! Way to go Melly!

Natalie said...

Hope you get the promotion you deserve! Aww love all the pics of your pretty girl!