Friday, September 7, 2012

BumpDate: 13 Weeks



What I'm craving?: Tacos people.  Like I think I could eat them everyday type situation.

Funny/Memorable Story Of The Week:  Mia's new thing is when she gets mad, no matter what she will say and I quote, "Fine.  I'm not going to play with you annnnnnnnnnyyyyyymore."  Alrighty then Miss Sassy Pants.

Weight Gain: I don't weigh myself much even when I'm not pregnant, so until my next doc appointment I have no idea.

Work Out Regimen: I've worked out twice this week.  Feels good to get back to the gym.

What's Different?:  I get aggravated pretty easily, but that's probably mostly because I can't have wine right now.  My tolerance level is not so great at work.  More so than usual.  Dumb people are worse when you're pregnant.  See also:  last week's comment about mood swings. Yep.  That.

Boy or Girl:  Still feeling boy for some reason although the thought of a boy makes me all sorts of nervous.  Boys are horny when they get older and that scares me.  I'm dead serious about this.  I'm scared about a horny boy in my house.  I know girls are horny too, but boys, ummmm...ewwwww.  Weird? Yes.  Honest? Yes.  I've never claimed to be anything other than that, so...

Sleep:  Better than last week, I think the working out is helping my sleep.

Labor Signs: Negative good buddy.

Movement: Here and there, but again still not convinced it's the actual baby that's moving.

What I Miss:  Nothing in particular at the moment.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My hair appointment this weekend.  Can I just say the decision to go a smidge darker right before I got pregnant was a genius idea.  My roots would have been super scary by now if I was my lighter blonde color.

How Baby's Growing: This week baby is the size of a medium shrimp and fingerprints have formed on his/her tiny fingertips.  Can we just pause for a moment a how amazing this process is and how quickly they become so "real."  Wow.  Just wow.




The Big Sister:  Mia's doing great.  I feel like she has grown up so much and so quickly these past two weeks.  She seems so much older and so much smarter each and every day.  I love her heart, wish for a dose of her energy and let's be honest, I'm a little jealous of her dance skills.  I feel a little guilty that I don't have her in dance or gymnastics or something.  I know she would love it and I need to do it.  It would be a really great thing for she and I to do together before and after the baby gets here.  I think the guilt is normal.  I think there is a sense of guilt when you are building a second baby when you are so attached to your first.  It took shall pass I know, but for right now I have a bit of guilt Momma going on.

I hope you have a great weekend!  Happy Friday!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Teenagers? Ha! Try a 2 year old that likes to play with himself in the bathtub. Or welcomes the morning diaper change with a hard on. Team boy!

Shannon said...

The whole having a horny teenage boy doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is the fact that I grew testicles in my belly, now THAT's weird!

SEL said...

I agree.. it's amazing, the process our bodies go through, the process the baby goes through. It's truly amazing.

You made me laugh about possibly having a boy. LOL.

I think working out while pregnant is really important. It can't do anything bad, really, as long as you do it in moderation. So, good for you!

xo

Unknown said...

Small world-stumbled upon your blog via IG-don't ask me how-haha!! Did some reading on your blog and find out your related to Shannon!! Our kids are in the same preschool/mdo and I was Graysons mfo teacher a few years back.