Monday, July 8, 2013

Marlow's Birth Story - The Finale

If you missed Parts One and Two, click here and here.

When we arrived at the hospital at about 12:30 pm, I could barely walk from the car to the front door of the hospital. Hubs dropped me off right in front so he could go park as check-in was just right off the main entry.  I mean I could walk that far right?  I did stop one time during a contraction and then proceeded to the check-in desk pretty sure looking like I was going to die.  They were fairly quick about getting me back for blood pressure and a check.  We entered the small room where a nurse would be doing a quick analysis of my progress before I would be officially taken upstairs to my room.  Undressing was horribly painful and we waited for the nurse for what seemed like forever.  I was still without bladder control since she was sitting so low.  As the nurse finally appeared (I'm sure it was all of 10 minutes) she indicated that I was 6 cm dilated.   She quickly asked me if I was planning on getting an epidural, which of course I was.

She immediately called the anesthesiologist so that I didn't have to wait much longer for some relief and so that I was still able to get one as soon as I got upstairs since I was clearly progressing quickly.

By the time I got upstairs, I was 8 cm dilated and the epidural came shortly thereafter.  I wasn't sure I would make it through that moment.  That was the most intense pain I have experienced in my lifetime.

While they were prepping me, Hubs was getting the camera ready and everything was going so quickly.  Mia was a 14+ hour labor and Hubs did a play by play each hour.  There was clearly not going to be time for that this time around.

I remember at a point my water had still not broken and the nurses gave my doctor the ok to deliver another baby before coming to me, thinking we had the time.  Almost as soon as my nurse hung up with her my water broke.  Because of course!  Quickly thereafter it was time to start pushing.

The whole experience was so surreal once again.  Childbirth is just such an amazing process.  This time was so different from the last, but I'm so glad that I was able to experience true labor as much as the waiting game was not fun for me.

After just a few pushes, at 3:12 pm on March 12, 2013 Marlow Lacy came into the world.

She was perfect in every way and she was finally here.

She's been nothing short of amazing and a perfect addition to our little family.

I can't wait to see what our future has in store.


Amanda T said...

I love reading birth stories. :) Marlow is such a cute name, I've never heard it before either.. love it! & Big sis looks super excited. Having two girls is the best! :)

Erika said...

This makes me so nervous for baby #2's birth! You were in transition and walking! Holy moly;-) Love these birth stories...thanks for sharing:-)

the workaholic momma said...

YAY!!! Welcome Marlow:) I love that pic of you 3 girls at the bottom!