Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear Mia

Dear Mia,

Last Saturday you turned 2 1/2.  I'm just not quite sure how that happened.

You and I celebrated while Daddy slept in.  You requested doughnuts, so in our jammies and unbrushed hair and teeth we went to go get doughnuts at 8:00 am.  We came back home and just talked and shared our breakfast together.  It was quiet and nice.

You're not a baby anymore.  You're an active, talkative, playful little human.  I can't believe you'll be 3 this year.

You've been showing your independence for quite some time, yet you always need to know where your Momma is and I love that you do.

You're my Saturday shopping buddy and must always go with me when I head to the gym.  You love to have car dance parties with me.  You get just as excited to go to Target as Mommy does, but I think it's because you know they have Icees there.

I think often about how fast this time has gone and just sit and watch you often and am in awe by who you have become in such a short amount of time.

I think about what you will be like as a teenager.  Who will you be?  What kind of person will you become?

I'm amazed by you every single day.  You're a talker.  You can carry on full conversations.  Your communication is amazing and people comment on it often.  You know your ABC's.  You can count to 20.  You can count to 10 in Spanish (thanks Dora).  You can do puzzles, you can draw smiley faces, you can play Memory.  You still love your Disney/Pixar movies, but I'm pretty sure your favorite is still Monster's Inc, but Tangled is a close second.

If we would let you, you would watch Dora and Yo Gabba Gabba all day long.

You're starting to love Barbies, but specifically the Princess ones.  Rapunzel and Pascal are by your side everywhere you go.

You're still sleeping with about 10 things in your bed - books, stuffed animals and about 4 blankets.

Baby blankie is still by your side.  Always.  Everywhere.  But you are finally learning that it's important for it to hit the washing machine once a week.

You're obsessed with all your games on my iPad and you know how to move things in and out of the folders.

You've started using expressions like, "Oh my gosh" and "Oh my goodness."  Which are hilarious to hear you say.

You sing songs and often ask for me to sing them to you.  You still love to read books and you often just want to crawl in my lap with at least 10 of them and read every single one together.

You love for me to play with your hair at bedtime and I just love that you ask for me to do it.

You're slowly learning about consequences for not listening.  You're slowly learning that the word NO does in fact exist.

You're slowly learning how to use the big girl potty and Mommy and Daddy are slowly learning how to let go of those few things that still make you feel like our baby.

You know exactly what you are doing with each and every step you take and word you say.  Even in moments where you would think the world is ending, I can look you in the eye and have a conversation with you and you will listen and seem to understand me.  You're an intelligent little girl.

It's amazed that this is how far we've come.

This...


to this...


I so look forward to the years (and 1/2 years) to come.

You are the joy in my day, the love of my life and I'm so appreciative to have you.

I hope you know just how special you are and how much you mean to me and your Daddy.

We love you so much.

Always & Forever,

Momma

3 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

AAWWW....this is so so sweet!!!! I love it....and its so important to write these things down...Mia will certainly cherish these letters!!!!

Alicia said...

Isn't it crazy and so surreal when they're no longer babies, but REAL people?! I'm always amazed when I look at Aiden and say, "wow... how did this happen?"

This is THE sweetest letter ever! Happy 2 1/2 Mia!

SEL said...

Such a sweet post. Mia is beautiful! Happy 2.5 yrs sweet girl!