Thursday, May 17, 2012

Doin' The Potty Dance, Feelin' The Love

My girl.  My 2 1/2 year old toddler.  Is officially using the big girl potty more than a diaper.

This time it's for real.

We've been here a few times, but this time is different.

AND?

It makes me sad.

I've wanted this moment for at least six months.

AND now that it's here??

It breaks my Mom heart a little.

She's becoming a girl.

And no longer my baby.

Shit.

Where does the time go you guys?  How did we get here so fast?

I'm excited for her.  I'm excited for us.  I'm thinking about all the things I will buy us myself once we no longer have to buy diapers and wipes.

She's so proud of herself.  We are so proud of her.

I have emotions with this and I may have shed a tear or two about it.

This age is AMAZING and so much fun, but it's filled with so many emotions for me.  There is so much growth between 2 and 3 and we're only half way there.  The changes are so much more dramatic.  They become less and less of that squishy baby each and every single day, sometimes by the minute.

Everyone is right.  You know when it's time.  You will know when they are just ready.

Thanks to Dora and stickers, we've successfully filled up one potty training chart and tonight we'll go to the store to get her a present.


All filled up.  I found the chart here.

My Dad's kept a log for me on Tuesday.  So cute.  He's the best Papa. EVER.
Pretty sure this will be put in her keepsake box along with her completed charts and her "Rules."

She's requesting a bike.

Go big or go home.

That's what we say, well at least when it comes to potty training.

So that's where we are.  Happy family.  Happy home.  Everyone human here uses the potty.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Good job Mia! I know my husband is counting down the days until Hunter is potty trained. I actually don't mind the diapers that much, though he's really not on solids yet so I'm sure that will change soon!