Thursday, August 2, 2012

For The Love

I am DONE with summer.

There I said it.  I'm done. I'm over it.

I want sweaters and boots and fuzzy jammies, socks and slippers and blankets and chilly Sunday afternoons.

This heat is no bueno and I'm fully aware that it's only the 2nd day of August and the "Dog Days of Summer" are just now getting here, but could it be any more disgusting outside???

I'm an outdoorsy girl and like to do things outside, even if it's just an hour or two with Mia in the driveway after work, but lately, no interest. None.  NONE whatsoever.  Unless it involves a pool that isn't the temperature of bath water.

I'm ready for cool fall temps and temps that will let us be outside with the fresh air without breaking a sweat in 2.4 seconds.  Did I mention I have a pretty new deck that I haven't sat on once?  Yes, that too.

I'm done with bugs and mosquitoes and ants.

I'm done with the fact that it hasn't rained but for maybe a total of 5 hours all summer.  I'm serious.  I bet that's it.  It's dry and humid and ICK!

I'm ready for a fire in the fireplace and some good smelling fall smells on my Scentsy burner.

Oh and a big ole' pot of homemade chili!!!!!!

That's all.

I'm not wishing away time, well kinda I am, but this weather is for the birds.

Bring it on fall.  I'm ready.

PS....I'm getting excited about Halloween...in August.  But I blame Pottery Barn Kids who I should probably unfollow on Facebook because they did a sneak peek of the kid costumes this week.

PSS...Remind me in December when I'm bitching about how cold I am that I wished away the summer.

Hope you all are having a great week!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

I agree this heat is ridiculous. I was looking forward to summer nights of pushing Hunter around in the stroller but it's too damn hot even at 7pm to have him outside that long. With that said I HATE winter. Can we just go from Fall straight to Spring?

Gina said...

It's not the heat...it's the HUMIDITY! ;)

Seriously, though, it's AWFUL. We ran to Michael's today and the whole time, but boys were saying, "It's so hot. It's too hot."

I love fall and cannot wait for it.

SEL said...

It's been hot here too, but I still never wish the summer away. I despise the cold. It also may have something to do with my birthday being in August, so, I love summertime. ;)