Thursday, October 18, 2012

Moments

I'm feeling a whole lot of sappy lately, so my apologies in advance.

As I near the half way point to this pregnancy and try to overcome the guilt I have for bringing another child into this world, I've felt such a strong need to do things and plan things that are special just for Mia.  Things with just Mom, things with just Dad, things that make her feel special and important and unique to us.

I want to make sure that she understands that even though we are bringing another child into this family, it does not take away from how special she is and how important she is to me and her Daddy.

I know these feelings are normal and the guilt I feel is typical, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier.

Yesterday afternoon was one of those "things."

I'm blessed in my job that I often get tickets for sporting events which makes my tomboy, Cardinal loving heart extremely happy.  Typically I take the Hubs or my Dad, but the Hubs couldn't adjust his work schedule and my Dad just had knee surgery, so I thought why not, I'll take the toddler.

Now for anyone who has a 2-3 year old or a toddler of any age really, you know all too well what a risk this is.  She's been to a few games in her lifetime so she knows what to expect, but with a 3:30 start and me having to pick her up from the sitter at 12:30 I went into this knowing she would not get a nap.  Ummmm, hi, just call me crazy.

I needed this.  She needed this.  We spend a lot of time together, but it's not always something outside of the ordinary.



We had an AWESOME time!  The people in our row were amazing and laughed with her as she danced to the music and screamed for our Cardinals.



We took breaks from our seats to walk around.  We had Dippin' Dots in an STL helmet, popcorn, peanuts and lemonade.  I even treated her to a Build A Bear Clydesdale at the end of the afternoon because she was just such a good girl and I'm ok with the fact that I spoil my child rotten.


She kept telling me she wanted to walk around.  She just held my hand and we laughed and talked.

At one point, she looked up to me with those big blue eyes and that adorable face and said, "Momma, I can't wait for the baby to be here."

And then I died.

We needed this moment, we needed this time together just she and I.

It was a good reminder that I need to be better about taking the time for just us so she truly knows just how special she is, but especially how special she is to me.



Have a great Thursday!


4 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Oh my goodness I just love this!

Glad you to have a great mommy/daughter day together!

Shannon said...

What a sweet post. I'm sure she'll remember yesterday fondly.

SEL said...

What a sweet post. And it looks like y'all had an absolute blast.

Precious memories for both mommy and toddler. :)

Erika said...

This was such a sweet post. Mia sounds amazing. Wonderful memories...