Monday, February 14, 2011

I Heart Him, I Really, Really Heart Him

Clearly, if you've been following along, you know that I really, really love my husband. I have referenced this here, here, and here.
On this Valentine's Day here are some of the many reasons, in no particular order, why he is the best one for me:
1. He makes me laugh. He called me this morning to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day, but said Happy VD instead.
2. My hubby has an old soul and a young spirit, therefore most of the time when he references certain shows or songs, I have no idea what he is talking about, but I like to listen and make fun of him anyway. There is a 7 year age difference between the two of us, so there is a huge gap in what we both grew up watching and listening to (Example #1 - me - New Kids on the Block and 90210, Mark - Ozzy and Andy Griffith).
3. His cooking....Mmmmmm, yummy! Thank goodness he does cooks otherwise it would be PB&J's with mac n' cheese every night.
4. He will watch The Grammy's, The Golden Globes and the Oscars with me even though I know he would rather not. He even sometimes tolerates my reality TV junkie self.
5. He'll laugh with me, even when I'm not as funny as I think I am.
6. He can clean (and he's detailed about it!) and does laundry.
7. He keeps a pretty strict poopy diaper count on the weekends. He doesn't want to overexert in this category. He is so much better now, but I remember when we first brought Mia home and for the first several months (wow, I'm covering poop here, go parenting!), Mark would hold his breath so tight when he would change her poopy diapers. I'm not sure how he held his breath that long without passing out, but he is now the diaper changing champion. He fears no smells :)
8. He's such a great dad! Nuff said there.
9. He will go get me wine when I run out :)
10. He's adorable, handsome and still gives me butterflies in my tummy.
Happy Valentine's Day to my man! MMMMMUuuaw!

No comments: