Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sing A Little Song

Can we just pause for a brief moment?  
I was unable to get on Blogger yesterday because of some malware detection warning 
and like any good computer user I did not click here and come back tomorrow (today) instead.  
All seems ok.  Thank goodness.

Well, it's officially official.  All three of us have joined the 30 Club.  Where does the time go?

Lindsay, the youngest of the three of us, turned the BIG 3-0 this past weekend.  I'm not sure how this has happened so quickly.  All of us.  All of us now in our 30's.

She's my little sister and will always seem little to me.  I still think she should be offered the kiddie menu when we go out to eat.  The girl still needs crayons and a booster seat please!



I'm very blessed by my sisters.  Their existence in my life means the world to me.  I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for the both of them.  They are shoulders to lean on and cry on, they are voices that I just need to hear sometimes, they are the hugs I need when I see them.

Lindsay is special.  The baby.  She'll always be the baby.



I've always tried to protect her.  As the baby, she always got away with more and it seemed always had someone to make excuses for her or defend her for some of the things that she would do.  I guess that's normal.  I'm the middle child, so I've always tried to keep the peace and still do.  I'm the "I just want everyone to get along" type and I'll do what I can to make sure that's the case.  There's an eight year gap between my oldest and my youngest, so let's just say they didn't always "mesh well."

She's the artsy daughter.  A dancer, a photographer, a true gem of a person.



She's beautiful both inside and out.



I'm very lucky to have her in my life.

As we all now can officially say we are embracing our 30's, I still can't believe it!  But I do know, as I approach 34 (eeeeeek) this year and my oldest sis approaches 37 (eeeeeeeek) that we are all stronger, wiser and more amazing women!  I'm very proud of my sisters.

Mia, as she rocks her 2nd year of life, is really turning into quite the performer, so for the past few birthdays of family, she's been singing them a little diddy because let's be honest as soon as you say let's take a picture or video she is GAME ON.

So without further adieu here is Miss Mia with a little something special for her Aunt Lou.



Happy Birthday Luda*!  This will be your best year yet!

Love,
Melly

*As you can see we have a nickname problem in our family AND it also applies to our pets.

4 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Aww, what a beuatiful tribute to your sister!

Happy 30th to her!!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh she is so sweet! That should make her the favorite niece.

SEL said...

What a sweet post! I consider my brother and sister one of life's greatest blessings, so I understand what you're saying.

Happy 30th to your little sister!!

Gina said...

Love every part of this post. I couldn't live without my little brother either.