Monday, June 18, 2012

When In Doubt, Use a Chalkboard

I made my own chalkboard last fall for Mia's #2.  I wanted something different, but personal for her guests to share special messages to her while also getting a picture of everyone decked out in their Halloween costumes.

Well we bust it out everyonce and a while and while trying to figure out what to get the Hubs for Father's Day I thought we could make him something pretty special.

My Hubs does not buy much for himself and even if he does think of something he wants, he almost never buys it.

So this year I got him the Weber charcoal grill that he's wanted for quite some time because let's be honest BBQ from a charcoal grill is just way better than a gas grill.

With most holidays, especially his birthday and Father's Day I always try to do something a little bit more personal and who wouldn't want pics of their own kid, especially Ms. Mia with all her spunk, her growing blonde locks and that smile that could melt a room.



I hope you guys had a great Father's Day weekend!




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Such cute pictures! I did something similar for Kristian's fathers day gift. Can't go wrong with pics of the kid :)

Liz Mays said...

Totally agree about the grill! I had a gas grill and gave it away because it just wasn't as tasty!

SEL said...

You did a great job with the pics. I let hubs pick out his own grill but that was a fathers day prezzie too.