Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolve

In my first post of the new year, I want to focus on my most important resolution. I have a few resolutions in 2011, but this one is the most important. It's the year of Me! I really vow to make a valid effort towards securing what is best for me in my career. Without going into too much detail, I enjoy what I do for a living, but I feel that I am being held back and I'm not so sure it will get better. No one else can put me on the right path, I need to focus on getting myself there. I feel like I am a pretty good wife and a pretty good Mom, but I feel like I don't have a very firm grasp on my life professionally. I am just so up and down with it. There are days that I feel pretty good, but the majority of the time I catch myself once again getting frustrated. I enjoy the flexibility and independence that I have, especially as a full time working parent, but I get frustrated with the lack of consistency with most anything in my work life. I compare a lot - why is he/she more deserving - what am I missing - what am I not doing? I know I am a good employee and an asset to my company. Is it me or is it someone or something else? I play that battle game often and I really shouldn't. So here's to a year of focusing on what is best for me and making sure that I am happy. This is my one shot and my one life, so it's up to me to make it great!! Happy New Year! I wish you a very happy, prosperous and rewarding 2011!

No comments: