Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Mia,

Mommy is sorry that there are not more hours in a day to spend with you. I just want you to know that I love you. Lately I have felt like I get home from work, feed you and then put you to bed. That time between leaving work and your bedtime goes so quickly and I feel like that time is getting shorter and shorter. We try to squeeze in 15-30 minutes of play time, but it doesn't always happen whether it's because you are too tired and cranky or Mommy is too tired and cranky. I will try to be better, I promise. You are amazing and there is nothing better than that time at the end of the day, after dinner, when all you want to do is sit on my lap. Whether its for 0.2 seconds or 15 minutes, I love every second of it that I can get. I love when you sing with Dora and Diego. I love when you carry your baby around. I love when you play chase with Daddy. I love when you dance and do circles and say "Wheeeeee." I love when you count and sing the ABC's as best you can. I love when you giggle and clap after every time I sing the ABC's to you. I love when you say milk. I love when you try to give the dogs hugs. I love when you look at me straight in the face and poke me in the eye and say "eye." I love when you express your like for food with "Mmmmmmmm." I love our Saturday alone time. You know how much I love your Daddy, but sometimes it's nice when he has to work and we have the whole house to ourselves. It makes up for the time I feel like I miss during the week. I love when you say shoe and try on me and Daddy's shoes and try to walk around. It cracks me up. I love going on walks with you, especially on sunny days when you want to wear your sunglasses. I love singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes with you. I love our bedtime routine and I especially love reading and rocking with you before bed time when you are curled up with your blankies and Gerr Gerr. I love that you have started picking out your own books before bedtime. I love that you enjoy being tucked in as snug as a bug in a rug and I love that little giggle you let out after I tuck you in and before I walk out of your room for the night. Thank you for being such a special part of my life. I've said it before and I'll say it a million more, I still could never imagine my life without you. I love you more and more every single day. Love, Mommy

No comments: