Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Big Girl Room Update

If you've been keeping tabs on me, you would know that I'm currently working on the "work in progress" big girl bedroom for Mia.

I knew one thing and that was that it was going to involve owls.  I have so many ideas going through my head and Pinterest is making it worse helping.

She got her bed just before Christmas and along with it came her new quilt set and shams.

Target, how I love thee, has frustrated the bageezus out of me with their Circo Love n' Nature bedding collection.  The sheet set, in a full, has been out of stock for almost two months.  Supa dupa annoying.  I've checked every Target in our area, multiple times.

I would like to announce that in checking their website today, I found that one location in my old hood had some IN STOCK!  I never in a million years thought I would stalk Target stores over bedding, but the time has come my friends. They have one on hold for me.  Pray for me will ya?  I mean this is major, world problem type stuff.

Here's What I Still Have Left To Do:
1. Find and purchase perfect bedskirt, preferably a ruffled one, similar to this but preferably with more layers and in a color.
2. Purchase this pink boa canopy because I could make one but for $30 + coupon, not worth the hassle.

3. Hang white shelf (that has been painted since last spring, ahem Hubs...waiting on you homey.)

4. Come up with something crafty to do with her letters that will be removed from wall where canopy will go. I'm thinking of framing them and putting them on her shelf as mentioned in item #2.

5. Paint a tree on one of her walls for her owl/animal decals that she got for Christmas that match her bedding and are all too cute and perfect.

6. Paint furniture (likely a spring project, but time will tell.).  We came across some great antique-ish pieces: a night stand and armoire courtesy of a great find from my residential real estate agent cousin!

7. Project chandelier.  I have a vision.  I just can't wait to see it come together.  Just need to find the perfect one that I can add my special touches to.  I'm going to start with a brass fixture because I absolutely refuse to spend what stores are asking for for white chandeliers.  Nutso.

8. Make a door wreath.  Oh Pinterest and your inspiring craftiness.  Check and check.



Have I mentioned how much I love decorating and how much I love decorating for a little girl?

No?  Well, I do.  A lot!!!

3 comments:

SEL said...

M's current crib bedding has the EXACT same colors as Mia's owl sets! But M's bedding has monkeys and elephants on it. :)

Love the ideas you have. And the wreath is so pretty!

April Westerhold said...

You can come decorate my house if you'd like. I need it! LOL

Emily said...

It will look so cute once it's all done. I'm in the process of changing my little girls room and i too like the idea of using owls. They're the it thing right now!