Monday, January 16, 2012

Week Two

Good morning!

I hope you all had a nice weekend!

Just a little update for you, here's what I completed last week:
Yoga Core - 60 minutes (Wednesday)
Sunday - Yoga for Athletes - 60 minutes (can I mention how much I love the Sunday yoga option?)
Monday/Thursday - Body Pump - 120 minutes (2 classes)
Tuesday/Wednesday - Running - 4 miles

Last week in total I burned approximately 2,000 calories in exercise.  Wow!  And I'm already feeling better.  And I'm sleeping better.  I'm pretty sure last night I did not move between falling asleep and my alarm going off.  Sleeping like a rock is who I used to be pre-child.  I didn't know I would ever see it again.

I've been tracking with My Fitness Pal since last Wednesday and I have been under my calorie limit every day.  I eat too many carbs and way too much sodium, but I seem to be in line otherwise.

Weight Update: 197.4 lbs
Weight Loss to date: 3 lbs

Tonight we (me and my workout buddy Gina) are trying a new class, Body Combat.

Here's the description:
Mixed Martial Arts at this best. This class is filled with kickboxing, boxing, KATA, Mui Tai, Tai Chi and more... Cardio blast with upper body conditioning. Burn about 600 calories, shape your body to be leaner, meaner.

Wish us luck!

Have a great week!

AND because I have a deep respect for Dr. King, I wanted to share one of my favorite quotes (if you want to read more about my love for him you can, cause I wrote a post about him last year...you're welcome.)

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." 

1 comment:

SEL said...

I don't know if you go to Gold's Gym, but I do and there Les Mills classes, (body combat, body attack, body pump, etc.,) are amazing. You can burn 900 in 55 mins of Body Attack alone. I'm proud of you for keeping it up!

And congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!