Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Little About Me

Thank you to Ashley from over at Gratitude and Latitude for letting me steal her idea; I'm sharing a little bit about me on this fine Tuesday.

Guilty pleasure?
Nachos with a lot of cheese and a lot of salsa.  It's my go to snack and I love it!
Also, Twitter.  I just started using it in 2011 after much resistance from the hubs recommendation and I'm borderline obsessed, addicted, whatever you want to call it.

Recent splurge?
$60 on a dress and $60 on a pair of shoes in one week.  I never spend that kind of money on myself, but I had to have red heels.  Just had to.

In bulk, I buy?
Paper towels, toilet paper, wipes and diapers.  Thank you Sam's.

My go-to flower?
It depends on the time of year.  I like to keep fresh flowers in my kitchen and I just go with the season and the colors.  Right now I have white and green, before that I had yellows and browns.

Comfort food?
Anything super carby, but I love, love love spaghetti with lots of parmesan cheese on top!

For breakfast?
Nutri-Grain bar and a multi-vitamin.  Typically with a glass of juice.  Once I get to work I have a cup of coffee with my favorite creamer, this time of year it's Coffeemate Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha.

For dinner?
My husband is definitely the cook of the house.  I'm very lucky there, so whatever he comes up with.  I cook periodically.  My tacos rock and thanks to Pinterest I've tried a few things that will be making regular appearances in my kitchen - chicken taquitos for example.  We eat a lot of chicken because I'm not a huge fan of red meat.  Last night we had asian chicken.  It was deeelish!  My favorite thing ever that he just created on a whime, chicken pita burgers.  I will share this someday, because they are awesome, filling, yet light in the calorie department!

Love/hate relationship with?
Working full time.  I love it most days, but I hate it some days.  I hate that I have to leave my daughter, but I love that I'm moving up and was just named an executive in my company right before Thanksgiving.  It's a hard pill to swallow somedays, but I know the reward is worth the sacrifice.

Can't stop watching?
New Girl, The Office, Parks and Rec, Mike & Molly, anything HGTV, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Khloe and Lamar, Scouted (just caught this over the weekend and it's making my list), American Idol, Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant, Real World (don't judge), Jersey Shore (yup, quality TV at its finest) and Family Guy. 

Dreaming about?
The day we can finally buy a boat and a condo at the lake.  It's on our 10 year plan, after the student loans are paid off.  I may or may not already be searching ideas on Pinterest for decorating this condo.that.does.not.exist and I may occasionally search Craigslist for boats and condos.

Every girl should have?
I have to agree with Ashley on this 100%.  It doesn't have to be the more the merrier in this case.  I am lucky to have a select few that I can reach out to at any time of any day and I know they'll answer...An outlet. Whether it is your best friend, mom, husband... just someone you can vent to, cry to, bitch to, or celebrate with at any time of the day.

My style in five words?
Very gray, black and white (and it drives my mother crazy).  

I love wearing?
Bold rings and hair accessories

Dream job?
Radio.  I started in Communications and wanted to be the next Bob Costas.  Seriously.  I think about it often.  How fun it would be and what a difference it would be from what I do now.

4 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

So fun to get to know you! New follower.
Sandy

Amanda T said...

I love this! I'm going to start it now, It might be a draft for a few days, lol... but I will finish it. :) Oh, and I watch Jersey Shore, My husband too. haha. I remember thinking when it first came out.. people would post on facebook about it and I would just be like 'Why do people watch this garbage!?' lol. then one day right before season two started, I was sick & bedridden with the flu. I laid in bed and watched a marathon, and I was hooked. haha. Love me some trashy tv. :)

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

great roundup. nice getting to know you!

Ashley @ Gratitude and Latitude said...

Glad to learn more about you :) Congrats on your promotion at work, girl! I bet it's super hard to leave your little girl but you should definitely be proud of yourself!